If you’ve ever had your hair rolled up in a window (or sunroof!), slammed in a door, or even caught underneath your purse strap as it pulls at your edges, you know #longhairproblems as well as I do. And on a hot summer day, while wearing a tank top? Forget it!
If you have naturally long hair, or are just feeling inspired to wear an end-of-the-summer mermaid ‘do, it’s difficult to figure out a natural, heat-free hairstyle that’s quick, easy, and still looks like you made an effort in the morning. And so the story goes, I always end up reverting back to the good ol’ trusty (but sometimes boring) pony.
And so the story goes, I always end up reverting back to the good ol’ trusty (but sometimes boring) pony.
Don’t get me wrong – there’s nothing wrong with ponytails. They’re so convenient and practical! It’s just that they can look a little plain and sometimes even lazy, day after day (especially if you’ve dressed up!).
During the sweltering months, long hair can weigh itself down and start to look like a wet mop (even when it’s not wet)! Long story short, long hair calls for a little bit of creativity to look as beautiful and voluminous as a shorter ‘do. Fortunately for us, guest writer Yuan Chen has a few new styles to share for those of us who want to keep our long hair (or extensions) and still rock an easy-but-fun style.
And if you’re concerned about hair breakage in your natural hair care routine, here are 5 Ways to Prevent It!
By: Yuan Chen
Do you find that you’re always running out of time? And that you don’t even have a few extra minutes to spare for the shower, much less create a beautiful hairstyle every day?
Well, you came to the right place! Here are some interesting, cute, and most importantly, quick hairstyles for you to try, particularly if you have long hair or extensions.
So, ladies, grab a hair tie or two, some bobby pins, and try out these fast and easy hair styling ideas right now!
Braided Hairstyle for Everywhere
This is a perfect hairstyle for medium and long hair. If you have short hair, then you can use 20” long hair extensions.
- Start by teasing the crown back, right above the nape of the neck.
- Divide the hair into parts of the crown and leave the front strands for braiding.
- French-braid the leftover strands and secure them with a rubber band.
Trendy, Messy Knots
Who wants tangled hair? We do!
Normally, knots are a no-no when it comes to a cute ‘do, but these messy knots are in vogue. They’re spunky, effortless, and the best thing about them is that you can create them in just a few simple steps.
- Tease your hair from the crown down to the nape of the neck.
- Take the top center section and tie some knots with a twist. Secure each knot with bobby pins.Now take the front section of the hair and twirl it back under and over the other twists. Secure them in position with the help of the bobby pins.
- Wrap the knots with the remaining portion, and you’re done!
The simplest way to make the twisting knots is to tie the knots in vertical and horizontal order.
You can decorate this hairstyle with a DIY headband that you created with the help of this tutorial!
Curly ponytails are easy to achieve for all hair lengths. You can achieve a variety of versatile looks within just this one style. It is universally-loved and appreciated hairstyle, because it’s more bouncy and flirty than your run-of-the-mill regular pony. This is the go-to look for all curly hairdos.
If you wear curly ponytails on a regular basis, then switch it up by changing the position. Tie your ponytail up high, atop of your head one day. The next day, wear it at the nape of your neck for a sleek and neat look. Not only does this completely change your style, but it also prevents the consistent wear-and-tear of your elastic bands. It greatly reduces pulling your delicate tresses from the same base point repeatedly, which many believe to cause hair loss or weakness.
- Start by brushing your hair to create a center part.
- Now with the help of a round brush, backcomb (comb the under layers of the hair towards the roots to give more volume to a hairstyle) the hair at the crown to create a little volume and lift. Pull your hair up and curl them. This way, your hair gets a perfect curl.
- Make a bun at the back of your head, releasing few strands to make a more relaxed look.
- Complete the look by clipping the long curly extensions close to the bun. You can accessorize the back with a bow clip or your favorite accessory if you like.
Keep your long tresses healthy with a bottle of Kimberly Elise Naturals Alchemy 27!
Yuan Chen is a manager at T1Hair, an Online Virgin Hair Extensions Company. He has built a good reputation with more than 6 years of experience in the hairdressing industry. He loves anything related to hair and wigs, and has great knowledge on hair treatments and hair issues.