Skip that pasta, and try these delicious, creamy dressed French Beans!
This crisp and fresh tasting dish will have you coming back for a second round. Prepare them as a side dish, or devour them as they are.
Either way, you will never go back to those boring boiled beans again!
Creamy Garlic Sauce:
– 2 Tbsp. Earth Balance
– 2 Tbsp. Flour (Any Flour works fine, including Gluten-Free)
– ¼ Tsp. Salt
– ¼ Tsp. Pepper
– ¼ Tsp. Onion Powder
– 1 Clove Garlic chopped finely
– 1 Cup of Unsweetened Almond Milk (Coconut milk works fine too)
– 1 ¾ Cups of Warm Water
– 2-3 Handfuls of French Beans (Washed and Trimmed)
– 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
LET’S GET STARTED
1. In a medium saucepan on medium-high heat, combine your garlic, Earth Balance and flour. Whisk vigorously until a slight doughy texture is formed.
2. Turn heat to low, and whisk in your almond milk until a creamy texture is reached. Add in your seasonings; the salt, pepper, onion powder and stir completely.
3. Slowly whisk in water to desired thickness. Add a little more water if you’d like a thinner cream and remove from heat. Set sauce aside.
4. Place a skillet on high heat, and add your olive oil.
5. Once pan is hot, add your beans and toss for 5-7mins until beans are cooked, but still crunchy. Plate your beans and top with your creamy garlic sauce. Serve and enjoy!