Aren’t you craving a juicy, peachy salad right now? We recently asked Chef Dana, the winner of TLC’s Cake Boss to share some of his delicious vegan recipes for the summer!
Sweeten up your summer BBQ with ripe Southern peaches, strawberries, and toasted almonds. The following will yield 4 servings!
Chef Dana’s Strawberry Peach Summer Fruit Salad
- 2 bunches of spinach / baby spinach, washed, dried, cut if needed
- 3 C washed, sliced Strawberries
- 1 C washed Blueberries
- 1 C washed, sliced Peach
- 2Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp C Olive oil
- 1tsp agave
- 1 Tbsp honey
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper powder
- 2 Tbsp of poppy seeds
- 1/2 C Toasted Sliced Almonds
- Salt to taste
- Using a whisk, combine lemon juice, oil, sugar, paprika, dry mustard, poppy seeds, and a pinch of salt until the sugar is dissolved. Place dressing in the refrigerator.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and toast the walnuts and almonds
- In a large bowl toss torn spinach leaves, strawberries, peaches, mango, and drizzle the dressing over it.
- Now add silvered almonds & walnuts if desired.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!