For glowing, youthful skin, it’s important to give it a deep and thorough cleanse by scrubbing away any impurities that may have collected over the week.
Whether you wear makeup or not, there are different elements that can contribute to clogged pores and distressed skin. It can be dirt and grime from the day, sweat from the gym, makeup from the morning or simple exposure sweating in the sun – environmental pollutants and free radicals can damage the skin’s barrier and provoke breakouts.
Try this DIY facial mask to help slough away unwanted dead skin and other impurities.
- 2 tablespoon of oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 tablespoon of applesauce
- Rosewater (here is a DIY rosewater recipe, or you can purchase from Amazon)
- A dash of tea tree oil (optional, but ideal for sensitive and acne-prone skin)
Mix all the ingredients together, except the rosewater. Once the oatmeal, honey, applesauce and tea tree oil are well blended, slowly pour in as much rosewater as it takes to create a paste-like consistency. Once your content with the texture, massage into your skin and let it absorb into your pores for 2-5 minutes, then rinse off.
Benefits of oatmeal, honey, applesauce, rosewater, and tea tree.
- Oatmeal: Effective as a natural moisturizer, it also contains beta-glucan that allows it to deeply penetrate your skin for a thorough cleanse while providing added hydration.
- Honey: As an antibacterial and anti-inflammatory ingredient, honey is known to help alleviate redness and calm down inflamed skin.
- Applesauce: Brimming with high contents of collagen and elastic, these components are integral for the maintenance of healthy and glowing skin.
- Rosewater: Filled with moisturizing and nourishing properties, rosewater is known to help heal scars, hydrate the skin as well has maintains the skin’s natural pH level
- Tea tree oil: As a natural antiseptic that kills bacteria on the skin’s surface, tea tree oil is often used to treat acne and other skin blemishes.
Exfoliating your skin with all natural ingredients can be the simple solution to achieving noticeably smoother and youthful skin, and we’ve got the best recipe for you to whip up yourself!
Subscribe to Kimberly’s mailing list to receive more guidance on health, wellness, and beauty tips from KimberlyElise.com!