Smoothies are a staple for me at work. With a smoothie, you are able to get more servings of vegetables in an easy way every day!
Every morning, you’ll find me at work sitting in the hair and makeup trailer with a giant smoothie in my hand. I make up a huge batch in the morning and have one or two throughout the day. They really help me start my day right, and they give me energy later in the day when I’m on the move.
Here’s one of my favorite basic recipes to get you started on your own smoothie addiction.
- 3 cups greens of your choice. (Try a mix of spinach, kale, and/or romain lettuce.)
- One banana
- Half a cup frozen mango
- One cup fresh or frozen pineapple
- One cup coconut water or purified water
- A scoop of plant-based protein powder (my choice is Navitas hemp protein powder)
- to taste (I use about a quarter teaspoon of NuNatural’s Stevia natural sweetener)
- A handful of ice
Put it all in a blender and mix! (I use Vitamix but any good blender will do) For me, this is a meal in of itself.