Smoothies are a staple for me at work. With a smoothie, you are able to get more servings of vegetables in an easy way every day!
Every morning, you’ll find me at work sitting in the hair and makeup trailer with a giant smoothie in my hand. I make up a huge batch in the morning and have one or two throughout the day. They really help me start my day right, and they give me energy later in the day when I’m on the move.
Read more about my morning ritual here!
Here’s one of my favorite basic recipes to get you started on your own smoothie addiction. Mango is a sweet fruit that originated from South Asia, and it is full of nutrients that can help improve your immune system, such as Vitamin A and Vitamin C! Other health benefits from eating mangoes include helping prevent cancer, lowering cholesterol, and improving eye health.
Did you know that mango can also help nourish your skin? Read about mango butter here.
On the other hand, pineapple is a tropical fruit that is full of manganese (which builds healthy bones) and potassium (which lowers blood pressure), among other vitamins and nutrients. Some health benefits that it offers are treating arthritis, aiding digestion, and improving blood circulation.
Combine the benefits of both of these fruits with this mango pineapple smoothie recipe!
Vegan Mango Pineapple Smoothie
- 3 cups greens of your choice (try a mix of spinach, kale, and/or romain lettuce.)
- One banana
- Half a cup frozen mango
- One cup fresh or frozen pineapple
- One cup coconut water or purified water
- A scoop of plant-based protein powder (my choice is Navitas hemp protein powder)
- Natural sweetener to taste (I use about a quarter teaspoon of NuNatural’s Stevia natural sweetener)
- A handful of ice
- Whirl all the ingredients in a blender until smooth, adding more liquid until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy immediately.
If you want to try another pineapple-based smoothie, try out this Pineapple Turmeric Smoothie recipe!
Do you have another type of smoothie that you sip on in the morning? Share your favorite smoothie recipes with us below!