aloe vera
Beauty Natural Hair

How to Use Aloe Vera Oil for Dry, Thirsty Hair

Hair problems like dryness, damage, and excessive shedding are common due to poor nutrition and pollution. Thanks to Aloe Vera oil, moisturizing and soothing thirsty hair roots is easy.

Aloe Vera is a great natural alternative for several hair products. It’s a miracle plant that contains nutrients vital for silky, soothing and natural hair. Read on to learn four ways you can use Aloe Vera for dry, thirsty hair.

aloe vera

What is Aloe?

Aloe comes directly from the Aloe Vera plant. The Aloe itself can be obtained simply by cutting open the leaves. Inside is a gel-like substance known as a mucilage. This gel is sterilized and filtered, then becomes what we recognize as Aloe.

The mucilage is approximately 99.5% water. However, the remaining 0.5% contains choline, choline salicylate, and mucopolysaccharides. This chemical makeup is important, as they consist of pectins, celluloses, amino acids, and lipids. These create soothing and anti-inflammatory properties.

How To Eliminate Dandruff

Firstly, Aloe Vera aids in reducing dandruff by moisturizing and soothing the scalp. Specifically, Aloe eliminates scaly dryness–a major cause of dandruff. The mucopolysaccharides within Aloe Vera form a protective film when dried. This film shields nerve endings from damage and reduces inflammation.

Besides this, Aloe also helps promote blood circulation in the scalp. Improved blood circulation works to stimulate the moisturizing oil production. Thus, your dry scalp is reduced even further

Did you know Aloe is just as good for your insides as your outsides? Check out this skin detoxing healthy smoothie recipe with Aloe Vera. 

Create a Moisturizing Shampoo

Minerals and vitamins are essential for the restoration of strength to your hair. Aloe Vera is a great source of obtaining these nutrients naturally.For men and women looking to promote hair growth and prevent hair loss:

Mix Aloe Vera with oils and coconut milk for producing a nourishing shampoo.

The two most common oils that can be used with Aloe Vera oil are Wheat Germ and Jojoba. Furthermore, the nutritive advantages of Aloe Vera oil is multiplied exponentially when combined with plant extracts, essential oils and herbs.

aloe vera gel

Aloe Vera doesn’t just moisturize your scalp, it can also soothe your skin! Try Kimberly’s D-I-Y  Cooling Aloe Vera Gel

Create a Moisturizing Conditioner

In addition, if your scalp is too dry or too oily, then Aloe Vera will help restore the proper balance. Natural sheen and shine is restored through Aloe Vera’s natural conditioning capabilities.

Using Aloe Vera Oil, natural hair will become stronger, softer, and more supple.

Try adding Aloe Vera oil or gel directly to your conditioner to enjoy its benefits.

Accelerate Hair Growth

Additionally, Aloe Vera has been said to accelerate hair growth. Reducing inflammation on the scalp allows hair follicles to breath. This creates more room for stronger, healthier hair growth.

Similarly, Aloe Vera’s anti-microbial properties prevent build up of substances on the scalp that may inhibit the growth of new hair.

Boost your hair growth even more with these 4 vitamins and minerals

How to Find the Right Products

However, although Aloe Vera contains a multitude of benefits, they may only be obtained under specific conditions. The World Health Organization stated that Aloe Vera is most effective with concentrations of 10-70%.

Many  products on the market are listed as using Aloe Powder. However, this reconstituted powder doesn’t contain the 0.5% of nutrients found in the natural mucilage.

The next time you’re shopping for new products, be on the lookout for these points on ingredient lists:

  • Juice (“aloe barbadensis leaf juice” or “aloe vera juice.”)
  • High Concentrations (10-70%)

natural black hair care

Incorporating Aloe into your hair care routine is a simple and effective way to add moisture back to your hair. With so many different ways you can use it, your hair is sure to be softer than it ever was before.

How will you use Aloe Vera on your hair? Share with us in the comments!

You Might Also Like...

No Comments

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: