I love working with lavender and burdock root, because of the moisturizing and strengthening properties for hair care. I’ve developed my own DIY detangling serum, made of burdock root and lavender.
Burdock root, which is extracted from the leaves and roots of the Burdock plant, contains mucilage, tannins, inulin, vitamin A and essential fatty acids.
It offers a number of benefits to your hair, including:
- Vitamin A boost
- Strengthens your hair
- Helps retain moisture
- Adds a soft shine to your hair
- Can boost hair growth by nourishing your scalp
- Calm your scalp
Here’s Kimberly’s recipe for DIY Lavender and Burdock Root Detangling Serum.
- 3 tablespoons organic dried Lavender Flowers
- 3 tablespoons organic dried Burdock Root
- 3 tablespoons organic dried Marshmallow Root
- filtered hot water
- Bring a pot of water to a low simmer. Add the dried lavender flowers.
- Simmer the flowers for about 5 minutes making sure your water does not boil.
- Remove from heat and remove flowers.
- Add the marshmallow root and burdock root and stir it into the hot water.
- Cover and let the herbs and flowers infuse for 15 minutes.
- Cool then strain and pour the liquid into a squeeze top bottle.
You can use this blend prior to shampooing to assist in detangling or as a post-shampoo detangler before conditioning. You can even try it as a leave-in to help you detangle before styling!
Love + Light,
Did you try it? Share your results with us in the comments below!