If you’re interested in natural hair care and styling, then a low, sleek, side-part bun is a great place to start. It can be adorned with a variety of cute hair accessories for a personal touch.
Begin your natural hair journey by mastering the steps to create your favorite bun using the correct tools to maximize your hair growth potential.
By: Ajableu Oldham
This article focuses on styling for natural black hair; however, women of all backgrounds can enjoy this guide to styling the perfect bun.
Low Sleek Side-Part Bun For Black Natural Hair
Time: 20-30 minutes + preparation for stretched hair
Level of Difficulty: Easy
You Will Need
- Your favorite leave-in moisturizer
- Your favorite hair gel
- Fine-tooth comb
- A scarf
- A soft-bristle brush
- Kimberly Elise Naturals Alchemy 27
Step 1: Preparation
- Begin with stretched hair. A braid-out that’s a few days old is great. Or, blow-dried hair works, too.
Step 2: Moisturize & Protect
- Apply a light leave-in moisturizer to protect your hair.
- Part your hair using a fine tooth comb. Clasp down your hair using clips, and apply additional leave-in moisturizer to keep your hair strong and protected from environmental stress.
- Apply 1-3 drops of Kimberly Elise Alchemy 27 to your edges for a cocktail of high-quality botanicals that are designed to revitalize & restore the beauty of your hair.
Step 3: Style
- Using a soft-bristle brush, gently brush down your hair at the top of your head and the nape of your neck.
- Using your favorite gentle hair gel, gel down your edges. Blend in the gel using your soft bristle hair brush.
- Using the banding method, stretch your pony-tail.
- Wrap your hair in a scarf and allow to set for at least 30 minutes (or before bed).
- Carefully fold the pony-tail into low-impact hair elastic. Use pins to gently pin any fly-aways or to add extra pieces.
And voila! Learn more about our favorite varieties of hair buns, and share your look on Instagram using the hashtag #Alchemy27!