Cooking with turmeric is not the only way to eat it. A quick and delicious way to add this mega spice to your diet is with a smoothie, the Pineapple Turmeric Smoothie to be exact.
Not only does turmeric work as a natural antiseptic and anti-inflammatory to help your body heal, it also helps you fight infections and is a natural liver detoxifier.
It’s easy to see why turmeric is rising to the top as one of the hottest foods of 2016. Want to know more about what turmeric can do for your body? Check out 7 Amazing Benefits of Turmeric.
While the usual all-fruit smoothies are a natural go-to, why not kick up the classic pineapple smoothie with a bit of spice, warmth, and dimension? Unusual additions such as ginger, fennel and turmeric will definitely give your taste buds a wake-up call.
Pineapple Turmeric Smoothie:
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1 lemon
- 2 fennel stalks with fronds
- 2-inch piece ginger
- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup sunflower sprouts
- 1 cup coconut water
- 2 pinches of turmeric
- 1 or 2 pinches cayenne (to taste)\
- Squeeze the lemon into 2 glasses. Pass the fennel, ginger, pineapple and sprouts through the juicer and divide between the two glasses.
- Top off the drinks with coconut water and a sprinkling of turmeric and cayenne.
Photo Source: Pinterest
Recipe Source: ZLiving
Love natural recipes? Be sure to join our mailing list to stay updated!