‘Tis the season to eat eggplant!
August brings us fresh fruits and vegetables that are bound to make a statement at your next family dinner. This baked Tortilla Crusted Eggplant will do just that!
By: Shauna Sincerely
The creamy texture and earthy, smoked flavor of the eggplant makes for a perfect match with the crunchy tortilla. And best of all, it’s super easy to master!
Looking for a quick side to make? How about some sweet potato fries to accompany your meal?
Shauna Sincerely’s Tortilla Crusted Eggplant
Makes 2-4 servings
- 1 Large Eggplant
- 1 Cup. Crushed Tortilla Chips
- 1 Tsp. Onion Powder
- ½ Tsp. Salt
- ½ Tsp. Pepper
- ¼ Cup. Coconut Milk
- 1Tbsp. Corn Starch
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Make sure to wash your eggplant before moving forward. Slice your eggplant into half-inch slices, and place aside.
- In a bowl, combine your coconut milk, cornstarch, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix completely.
- Dip your eggplant slices entirely into the mixture and place them onto a nonstick baking sheet. Top your eggplant with your crushed tortilla, and bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes, until eggplant is soft and crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve. Try topping your eggplant with a tomato salsa or your favorite marinara sauce, and crushed avocado. Enjoy!
And we can’t forget a refreshing glass of wine with your meal. May we recommend this sweet, new blue wine? Additionally, if you still have some room for dessert, fresh seasonal fruit is an easy go-to!
Do you have any recipes that you would like to share? Let us know in the comments below!