This Do-It-Yourself organic red rosewater toner helps to prevent and heal acne-prone skin, and it’s very easy to make.
You can use fresh roses; however, I found it easiest to use organic roses from Mountain Rose Herbs.
Rosewater helps to reduce inflammation and has mild astringent qualities; therefore, it calms and soothes the skin.
Witch hazel removes excess makeup, oil, and bacteria. Witch hazel can be too strong for sensitive skin types, but I use only a small portion in my recipe. Be sure to use witch-hazel that is alcohol-free so you do not dry out your skin.
Tea tree oil helps to kill bacteria and is effective against fighting acne. Tea tree oil is very strong, and must never be used alone.
Aloe Vera Gel nourishes dry skin, helps wounds heal, and soothes the skin. I love aloe vera gel that is derived fresh from the aloe vera plant.
Tea Tree Oil (optional)
- Combine 1 part witch hazel extract with 2 parts pure, filtered water. (If your skin is particularly oily and not sensative, use 2 parts witch hazel.)
- Rinse rose petals to remove bugs and bacteria. Place rose petals in a steel line filter.
- Dip rose petals in witch hazel / water mix for 3 to 7 minutes. Remove once you’ve reached desired color (I like a deep pink, just before the water turns brown).
- Stir in 1/2 part aloe vera gel.
- If you’d like, add 3 or 4 drops of tea tree oil.
I love to put my D-I-Y recipes into elegant, original bottles, so I poured this rosewater toner into a recycled, disinfected Trader Joes wine bottle. As a reminder, I made a label and tied it around the handle with string.
For educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
This toner is not for interal use; do not drink. Keep away from children.
Some of the links are associated to affiliate advertisers.