Sweet potatoes are in season! Keep your body nourished and maintain a healthy autumn glow when you prepare this smoothie either for breakfast or for a healthy dessert.
By: Isabella Milkes
There is no doubt that sweet potatoes are the star of this autumn recipe. They contain loads of vitamin A, have anti-inflammatory properties, and are great for natural hair growth.
However, there is one hidden ingredient in this sweet potato smoothie that takes this beverage to a whole new level: persimmon.
You can add persimmons to the list of your favorite superfoods, because with all its benefits, you will be amazed at how nourishing this fruit is for your body.
Vitamin A and Vitamin C, which are linked to preventing cancer
Dietary fiber, which helps improve digestion
Anti-aging properties, due to the high amount of beta-carotene
B-complex vitamins that speed up your metabolism
Plus, with the added boost of turmeric and chia seeds, there’s no way that you can go wrong with this smoothie.
Want to learn more about the benefits of chia seeds? Check out how you can add this superfood to your diet here.
Autumn Sweet Potato Smoothie
- 1 cooked medium sweet potato or 2 small ones
- 1 persimmon, peeled and diced
- 100 ml of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 dash of cinnamon
- a sprinkle of turmeric
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds + 1/3 cup water (chia seed gel)
- dates, for sweetness (optional)
- Boil or bake the sweet potato until it’s nice and soft. At the same time, add one tablespoon of chia seeds to 1/3 cup of water and set aside to thicken. Once the sweet potato is fully cooked, prepare the rest of your ingredients.
- In the blender, add the diced persimmon, the chia seed gel, and around 50 ml of almond milk and blend.
- Peel the sweet potato, mash it with a fork until it looks like a puree and add it to the blender with the rest of the almond milk, cinnamon, and turmeric.
- Pour into your favorite glass, sprinkle with cinnamon on top and enjoy!
Want more delicious recipes? Join Kimberly’s newsletter so you wont miss out!
What autumn ingredients would you like to see in an upcoming KimberlyElise.com recipe? Share with us in the comments!