Açai bowls are one of my very favorite breakfasts and post-workout meals — I absolutely love their frosty texture and piling on all sorts of different toppings.
Açai bowls are pretty much a daily staple for me, as someone who follows a whole-foods, plant-based diet. And while I love to mix and match different flavors and find new favorite combinations, there is one specific açai bowl recipe that is my very favorite that I can always rely on if I don’t want to try something new.
Yummy Acai Bowl Recipe
When I first started making homemade açai bowls, I thought they would be difficult to make. Once I made a few and got the proportions down, I realized they are actually easy and super fun to create. So, today I wanted to share my favorite açai bowl recipe so that you can make them at home, too!
What You Need
- 1 heaping tablespoon açai powder
- 1 cup frozen strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- Berries of your choice — I used blueberries and blackberries
- A few tablespoons granola
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter, melted
- Chia seeds, flaxseeds, and/or coconut flakes (optional — I left them out this day)
- Dried rose petals (optional)
What You Do
(It’s really quite simple!)
- Blend açai powder, frozen strawberries, and almond milk until smooth. You can add a few ice cubes if you want it to be a bit icier and frostier.
- Arrange your toppings in whatever order you prefer. I prefer to drizzle the peanut butter as the first layer, and then sprinkle everything else on top. Enjoy!
Have you tried açai bowls yet? What is your favorite açai bowl recipe? Comment Below!
This article was originally posted on Emily’s Baubles & Brunch lifestyle blog.
About the Writer
Emily Gannon is a 20-something public relations student who loves puppies, yoga, coffee, and travel. She is the creator of the pretty life and style blog, Baubles and Brunch. Love her pics and this recipe? Follow her on Bloglovin’ | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | Youtube